Boards and Committees

Looking for something on our website?  Call or email if you need something Google can't find!        

Town Boards and Committees - The Town Organizational Chart lists the current members for each board or committee.  

Opportunities to Serve.

  • The Finance Committee has an opening for an alternate member, who would attend meetings as often as possible and be available for service if a regular member was unable to be present.  They meet irregularly, usually from November - July (could be as late as September).
  • The Police-Fire Pension Board has an opening for a full-time member for quarterly meetings. 
  • Several openings for members on the Code Enforcement Board are available.

To apply for consideration as a volunteer on one of the Town Boards or Committees, please complete this form and bring it to the Town Clerk.  You may also scan and email it to her at townclerk@irshores.com.  Click here for more details on Town boards or committees.

We do maintain a file of interested residents, so you are always welcome to contact the Town ClerkAlso, Indian River County has Boards that solicit membership from different municipalities.

-+-+-+-+-+  Important for all elected or appointed officials to know  +-+-+-+-+-

Sunshine Law, Ethics and Financial Disclosure may apply! (click on the link for more information)  Town Attorney Sunshine Guidelines

Download the Current Financial Disclosure Form Here

The Planning, Zoning and Variance (PZV) Board is the most active, with meetings scheduled for the second Monday of each month at 2:00 p.m. as needed. Please see the Meetings page for a complete and accurate listing of dates and times.  These meetings are open to the public and are held in the Town Council Chambers.  Prospective or newly appointed members, please read this important information

The Police and Fire (Defined Benefit) Pension Board for employees is required to hold quarterly meetings each year, which are held in the Town Hall Council Chambers.  The Board operates independently of the Town Council under Florida Statute 175/185.  Please direct any questions relating to this to the Chairman, Sergeant Bart Crosby, in our Public Safety Department, 772-231-2451.

The Town Council sits as the Board for the Defined Benefit Pension for General Employees, which meets as needed.  

The Finance Committee meets as needed throughout the year.

The Code Enforcement Board meets as needed when a violation is not remedied during normal course of processing. 

Other obligations for the Town is to provide a representative to the Indian River County Metropolitan Planning Organization's Citizens Advisory Committee (MPO CAC).  Click here for information, or contact Sharon Schalm at 772-226-1672, sschalm@ircgov.com.  A resident is also appointed to be on the School Board's Citizen Oversight Committee, which meets annually.  

Please contact the Town Clerk, Laura Aldrich, if you have any questions about opportunities to serve.

We respect your email privacy as much as possible.  E-mail addressess may be requested as a public record under Florida Statutes Chapter 119.  If you do not want your email address to have the potential to become public information, please call us at 772-231-1771, ext. 121 instead.

Copyright © 2007-2018 IRShores.com. All rights reserved.

Site Last Updated on:  December 14th, 2018